imagePROGRAF iPF670 MFP L24ei
The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670 MFP L24ei large format imaging system is an affordable scan-to-copy/file system for low volume and entry-level users. With a 24 inch scanner, this MFP is designed for architects, engineers, consulting firms, small offices and K-12 schools that require a minimal learning curve when it comes to new equipment. Suitable for K-12 schools, this low cost model makes it possible for schools to purchase an MFP that was once at a higher price point. Schools can now create and print professional posters quickly and easily at a fraction of what it would cost to outsource.
This is the ideal system for those who do not require the advanced functionality of the MFP T36 imaging system. The new Lei Series complements the current MFP T36 product line by providing a product that offers basic scan-to-copy capabilities at an affordable price.
Not just offering scan-to-copy. this imaging system also gives you the ability to scan to USB, scan to copy and archive, scan to multipage PDF and scan to your PC as well as reduce and enlarge images. With three different quality modes available, you can choose Draft, Standard or Best mode based on the scan/print you are making.
- Key Features
- All Features
- Ink & Media
- Drivers & Support
Number of Inks
Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink
Print / Copy / Scan
Media Roll Feed
The L24ei scanner incorporates a SingleSensor assembly technology, which helps provide consistent and better colour accuracy with more detail in the shadows and highlights than a staggered CIS array scanner3.
- Touch Screen Operation Panel
- 600 dpi optical resolution
- Image scanning of up to 24" wide, fits documents 26" wide
- Scanning speed of up to 3 inches per second monochrome, 1 inch per second colour
- Scan length of up to 109"
- 3 Quality Modes: Draft, Standard and Best
- Scan documents up to .5 mm thick
- Face up / Rear exit
- Straight paper path
The L24ei scanner contains a single component image sensor that is the full width of the scanner and has long life LED Bi-directional illumination. Full width image capture, as opposed to time delayed scanning of separate sections, means less risk of misalignment of scan data. LED’s require virtually no warm up time and provide a wide and consistent colour gamut, with low power consumption and less potential for shadowing at creases or folds.
iPF670 Large Format Printer
The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670 24-inch large format printer is an affordable model for entry-level users. The iPF670 is the printer for your poster and signage needs. The optimal colour profile and latest magenta ink will create the vivid and impactful image you need. Canon understands speed is important, that is why the iPF670 printer is capable of producing an A1 (23.4” x 33.1”) print in up to 28 seconds4 using Economy Mode! The included Sub-Ink Tank system allows you to use all of the ink in the tank before replacing it, as well as replacing the ink tanks on-the-fly without stopping a job mid-print and sacrificing print quality.
Direct Print & Share
Sharing ideas has never been easier with Canon’s Direct Print & Share1 software. Direct Print and Share is a cloud portal and batch printing solution that helps you expand your printing workflow. Available with the printer, this software allows you to upload documents to your account using any WebDAV compliant* cloud service, and have these documents printed from almost anywhere. Easily share and/or print .cpfx PosterArtist, PDFs, TIFFs, JPEGs, and HP-GL/2 files. In addition, you can set-up hot folders on your desktop by clicking the Shortcut Print feature, then simply drag and drop the files you wish to print into these folders and the job will start automatically. You can even set up multiple folders, each with their own customized settings, allowing for multiple jobs to be run with ease.
imagePROGRAF Print Utility
imagePROGRAF Print Utility is Canon’s mobile app for wireless printing via an Apple® iPad® to an imagePROGRAF printer². Through use of the app, users have the ability to preview their PDF, JPEG and PNG file, utilize some of the great basic settings seen in their Canon Printer Driver such as selecting the number of copies, orientation, and quality, and then send their print to one of the imagePROGRAF 5-Colour Printers sharing the same network. imagePROGRAF Print Utility is available for download free of charge through the App Storeˢᵐ
Canon Printer Driver
These Windows® and Macintosh® drivers5 incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded colour settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate.
The Real Preview feature allows you to check the print setting and the layout on the roll paper by providing a real time preview, giving you the option to change the print setting even after clicking “print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows® and Apple® driver).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets you transfer data from their Colour imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - allowing you to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
The imagePROGRAF Status Monitor display will check the printer’s status in real time, allowing you to manage print jobs, media and monitor ink levels. Status Monitor includes an Ink Purchase Notification Function that will notify you when the ink is low and provides you with a link to a website where the tank can be purchased, or the contact information to a trusted supplier. What appears exactly can be selected depending on your preference.
- Printer Type
- 5-Colour 24-inch Printer
- Nozzle Pitch
- 1,200 dpi Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
- Number of Nozzles
- Total: 15,360
MBK: 5,120 nozzles
C, M, Y, BK: 2,560 nozzles each
- OS Compatibility
- Windows® (XP/Vista/7/8.1/10)
- Standard Interfaces
- USB 2.0 High-Speed 10/100/1000 Base-T/TX
- Ink Droplet Size
- 4 picoliter
- Ink Capacity
- 130ml per colour7
- Ink Type
- Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink
- Colour Set
- Dye: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
Pigment: Matte Black
- Buffer Ram
- 256 MB
- Hard Drive
- Media Width
- Cut Sheet - 8- 24 (203.2mm - 610mm)
Roll Feed - 10 - 24 (254mm - 610mm)
- Media Thickness
- 0.07-0.8mm (2.8-31.4mil)
- Maximum Roll Print Length
- Roll Feed - 59' (18 meters)8
Cut Sheet - 63 (1.6 meters)
- Maximum Media Roll Diameter
- 5.9" (150mm)
- Borderless Printing Widths
- 10", 14", 17", 24 B2 (20.28/515 mm), A1 (23.38/594mm)
- Paper Feed Method
- Roll Feed: One Roll, Top-loading, Front output,
Cut Sheet: One sheet, Top loading, Front output
- Language: GARO (Canon Proprietary), HP-GL/2, HP-RTL
- Noise Level Approx.
- Operation: 47 dB (A) or less
Standby: 35 dB (A) or less
Acoustic Power: 6.4 Bels
- Physical Dimensions
- 42" (H) x 39" (W) x 34" (D) (with basket open)
- Approximately 116 lbs. with stand
- Power Source
- AC-100-240V (50-60Hz)
- Power Consumption
- Maximum: 140W or less
Standby 5W or less
Power Off: 0.5W or less (Compliant with Executive Order)
- Operating Environment
- Temperature: 59°-86° F (15°-30° C)
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
- User-replaceable items
- Print Head (PF-04)
Maintenance Cartridge (MC-10)
Ink Tanks (PFI-107: C, M, Y, BK, MBK)
- Software Included
- Canon Printer Driver, Printer Driver Extra Kit (Free Layout, Colour imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy, Advanced Preview), Direct Print & Share1, imagePROGRAF Print Utility2, PosterArtist Lite (PC Only), Print Plug-in for Microsoft® Word/Excel/PowerPoint (PC only), Status Monitor, Media Configuration Tool, Optimized Module for AutoCAD6
- Scanner Type
- Contact Image Sensor (CIS) technology
- Scanner Accuracy
- +/- 0.20%
- 3 ips monochrome, 1 ips colour (Copy, Standard Mode)
- Optical Resolutions
- 600 dpi
- Max. Resolutions
- 600 dpi
- Max. Document Size
- 26 inch document width (24 inch image width)
- 109 inches
- Standard Interface
- (Scan to USB) USB 2.0 / (Scan to Network) Gigabit ethernet
Canon Genuine Inks
Canon genuine inks are developed to optimize the performance of the imagePROGRAF lineup. Expertly engineered, they provide top performance, reliability, and optimum output. Lucia EX and Lucia pigment inks were designed to produce images with accurate colour reproduction, smooth gradations, and sharp details. Reactive inks have been formulated to print highly accurate and detailed AEC/CAD/GIS documents, enabling colour output with clear fine lines and details, and increased print durability.
Large Format Media
Canon media is designed to showcase the precision, quality, and consistency of the imagePROGRAF large format printer lineup. Whether it’s high-quality gallery-ready artwork or everyday printing, Canon offers over 50 types of media to choose from to fit your quality, productivity, and budget requirements.
Drivers & Downloads
Find and download the latest drivers and software for your imagePROGRAF large format printer.Learn More
Have a question about an imagePROGRAF large format printer? Quick and accurate answers are here at your fingertips. Our team of service and support professionals helps you get the most out of your Canon products by offering support whenever you need it.Get Support
CANON and imagePROGRAF are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. Not responsible for typographical errors. All printout images and effects are simulated.
1. Your server must be compatible with a webDAV enabled cloud account, including but not limited to, Google, Carbonite or Rackspace, to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof is based on the third-party cloud provider’s current offering, at its sole discretion. Your cloud account is subject to the third-party cloud provider’s terms and conditions. Neither Canon Inc. nor Canon Canada, Inc. represents or warrants any third party product, service or feature referenced hereunder.
2. Available on AppStoreSM. Compatible with iPad 2 or later, running iOS 6.1 or later. Data charges may apply. Printed output will be same size as original file. Mobile device and large format printer must utilize the same network. Printer must be connected to the same router that mobile device is connected to via wireless capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients. In order to print from imagePROGRAF Print Utility, user must open their PDF file in another, supported iPad app. Then, the user would select “Open in” and choose the print utility app.
3. SingleSensor Technology Assembly means that multiple sensors are contained in one assembly device
4. A1 plain paper, cut speed: fast mode.
5. For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
6. For AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT 2000. 2000i, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 – 2015
7. The starter ink tanks initially packaged with the printer are not the same capacity as the replacement ink tanks specified here.
8. The maximum printable length varies depending on the application, OS, and RIP used.
The imagePROGRAF MFP Lei systems contain multiple components, some of which are manufactured by third parties. To the extent that such third party offerings come with limited warranties, such limited warranties are hereby passed to the purchaser, and Canon shall have no obligation or any liability with respect to such third party offerings.
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Pricing is determined by each dealer and may vary.
Canon Canada Inc. 8000 Mississauga Road, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5Z7 1-905-863-8000