The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670E is an economical, entry-level large-format printer. The iPF670E is designed for customers who need to simply and easily satisfy a broad range of printing needs – CAD/GIS documents, posters and POP displays, and office documents but without the added features of the premium 5-colour models.
- 24-inch Printer
- 5-Colour Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink Set (including BK ink for glossy papers)
- 7X the amount of starter ink than comparable competitor models
- Sub-Ink Tank System & Hot Swap Ink Tanks
- Fast Printing – currently over 40% faster than its competitor models1
- Non-firing Nozzle Detection
From a software perspective, the iPF670E printer has software solutions available to meet your printing needs. Direct Print & Share, Canon’s cloud-based portal solution2, is available as a download and allows for files to be uploaded, downloaded, shared and printed from almost anywhere in the world! Also available for download, the Accounting Manager software (PC only) allows you to track job costs, while the Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office enables for documents created with Word, Excel or PowerPoint to be easily printed in large format. Creating custom signage has never been easier with Canon’s PosterArtist Lite poster creation software, this easy-to-use software will have you creating professional large format prints quickly in just four easy to follow steps. To improve versatility, the iPF670E printer has a Media Configuration Tool that will give you optimal usage of your Canon-branded media when creating your desired output.
- Key Features
- All Features
- Ink & Media
- Drivers & Support
Number of Inks
Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink
Media Roll Feed
Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink Set
The 5-Colour ink set (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and matte black) found in the imagePROGRAF iPF670E printer is ideal for a variety of different applications including posters, and technical documents. This ink technology utilizes four highly colourfast dye inks for producing bold, expressive colour, plus two channels of pigment matte black ink for printing precise lines, smooth curves and small text on technical and office documents. Canon inks provide superb adhesion to media, scratch and marker resistance and help ensure minimal "bleeding" between colours and text. Even small text printed on coloured backgrounds or on uncoated technical papers is crisp and legible on an imagePROGRAF printer.
The iPF670E printer supports 90ml size ink tanks (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, matte black).
Sub-ink Tank System
Canon's Sub-Ink tank system allows virtually all of the available ink in a tank to be used before having to replace it, helping eliminate any wasted ink. The empty tanks can also be replaced on-the-fly without stopping the printer. This is extremely useful during long print jobs.
Economy Print Mode
The Economy print mode helps reduce the total ink consumption. This feature regulates the use of all inks to produce quick check plots to help minimize your cost per print.
Precision Printing: High-Density PF-04 Print Head
Engineered for speed and advanced image production, this printer boasts Canon's print head technology that lays down ink with exceptional speed and accuracy. The PF-04 print head incorporates a nozzle orifice shape to help minimize mist spray, producing clean lines and text. The high-precision, high-density print head, with a total of 15,360 nozzles, lays down 4 picoliter-size ink droplets that produce sharp detail and excellent image quality. The result is consistently accurate 2400 x 1200 dpi output with fine lines that are accurate to ±0.10% and as thin as 0.02mm.
Direct Print & Share
Sharing ideas has never been easier with Canon's Direct Print & Share software. Direct Print and Share is a cloud portal and batch printing solution that helps you expand your printing workflow. Available as a free download, this software allows you to upload documents to your account using any WebDAV compliant* cloud service, and have these documents printed from almost anywhere. Easily share and/or print .cpfx PosterArtist, PDFs, TIFFs, JPEGs, and HP-GL/2 files. In addition, you can set-up hot folders on your desktop by clicking the Shortcut Print feature, then simply drag and drop the files you wish to print into these folders and the job will start automatically. You can even set up multiple folders, each with their own customized settings, allowing for multiple jobs to be run with ease.
Canon Printer Driver
These Windows® and Macintosh® drivers incorporate simplified page setup options, one-touch borderless printing, expanded colour settings, and much more into a printer driver that is intuitive and easy-to-operate.
The Real Preview feature allows you to check the print setting and the layout on the roll paper by providing a real time preview, giving you the option to change the print setting even after clicking "print." The Free Layout feature enables nesting and custom layouts of images or files of nearly any type (available for both Windows and Mac driver).
The imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature built-in to the printer driver lets you transfer data from their Colour imageRUNNER device with Universal Send to the imagePROGRAF printer - all with the touch of a button - allowing you to easily create posters from hard copy documents.
At a Glance:
• Easy-to-use preset document profiles (examples are Poster, CAD, Photo)
• Automatic print quality options dependent on print application and media
• Real Preview that allows you to change the document and printer settings after clicking "print"
• Page nesting feature with Free Layout for Windows and Mac
• imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy feature - with a hot folder solution to print Colour imageRUNNER PDFs directly without opening in a PDF viewer
• Economy Print Mode
• Borderless printing
• Easy setting/Advanced setting
The imagePROGRAF Status Monitor (Version 25.51) has a new Ink Purchase Notification Function. This feature enables a user to customize their Status Monitor so that when an ink tank is running low and needs replacing, a prompt will appear that either provides the user a link to a website where the tank can be purchased, or the contact information to a trusted supplier. What appears exactly can be selected depending on user preference.
Accounting Manager (PC Only)
Canon imagePROGRAF Accounting Manager tracks how much ink and media is being consumed while printing. Costs can be assigned to ink and paper to determine expenses based on "Cost of goods". You can also input a variable cost that will be added to the total of the cost per print. The data is exportable to a .csv format for Microsoft Excel, from there the data can be used for billing purposes.
• Log Recording Time
• Job Name
• Client Job ID
• Client Job Submission Time
• Job Execution Time
• Job Completion Time
• Job Completion State
• Media Type
• Number of completed pages
• Media consumption area per job
Canon's PosterArtist Lite poster creation software gives you the ability to quickly and easily create professional large format prints. The program includes royalty-free photos, backgrounds and clip art, as well as pre-designed templates to get you started creating your own posters. You simply follow the programs four (4) easy steps to create posters that can be used in applications such as Office Presentations, Trade shows, Retail Signage, and much, much more.
For those with more demanding poster creation needs, Canon's optional PosterArtist offers advanced features such as Auto Design, Variable Data, and in-application image editing features, as well as additional templates, royalty-free photos, and clip art. The built-in weblink feature in PosterArtist Lite links you directly to the PosterArtist website for useful hints and tips, and for even more free content for download.
Enhanced features include:
• Direct Print & Share cloud portal support
• File format to allow for easy sharing of poster files
Print Plug-In for Microsoft Office
This utility makes it easy to print large-format documents created in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. The Print Plug-in appears in a tool bar inside the Microsoft application and has an easy-to-follow "Wizard". The Plug-in will bypass the printer driver to simplify the printing process. A few simple steps convert your 8.5" x 11" office document to poster size.
Optimized Module for AutoCAD
This specialized driver is compatible with a variety of AutoCAD software products and helps enable optimal printing productivity and reliability from the AutoCAD software. The module also has a user-friendly interface that includes familiar features such as free layout, test printing, and 1200 dpi rendering. This module is automatically loaded when printing is attempted from AutoCAD, ensuring a smooth workflow with optimal printing results each time.
- Printer Type
- 5-Colour 24-inch Printer
- Number of Nozzles
- Total: 15,360
MBK: 5,120 nozzles
C, M, Y, BK: 2,560 nozzles each
- Nozzle Pitch
- 1,200 dpi
Non-firing nozzle detection and compensation
- Print Resolution (Up to)
- 2,400 x 1,200 dpi (Max)
- OS Compatibility
- Windows® (Vista/7/8.1/10)
Macintosh® (OSX 10.7.5-10.11X)A
- Standard Interfaces
- USB 2.0 High-Speed 10/100/1000 Base-T/TX
- Ink Droplet Size
- Maximum 4 picoliter
- Ink Capacity
- 90ml per tank
- Ink Type
- Dye/Pigment Reactive Ink
- Colour Set
- Dye: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
Pigment: Matte Black
- Buffer Ram
- Media Width
- Roll Feed – 10 - 24 (254mm - 610mm)
- Media Thickness
- 0.07-0.8mm (2.8-31.4mil)
- Maximum Roll Print Length
- Roll Feed - 59' (18 meters)B
- Maximum Media Roll Diameter
- 5.9" (150mm)
- Borderless Printing Width
- 10, B4, A3, 14, A2, 17, B2 (20.28”/515 mm), A1 (23.38”/594mm), 24
- Paper Feed Method
- Roll Feed: One Roll, Top-loading, Front output
- GARO (Canon Proprietary)
- Noise Level Approx
- Operation: 47 dB (A)
Standby:35 dB (A) or less
Acoustic Power: Approx. 6.4 Bels
- Physical Dimensions
- 42 (H) x 39 (W) x 34 (D) (When basket is open)
20 (H) x 39 (W) x 27 (D) (Without stand)
- Approximately 92 lb. without stand
Approximately 113 lb. with stand
- Power Source
- AC-100-240V (50-60Hz)
- Power Consumption
- Maximum: 140W or less
Standby 5W or less
Power Off: .5W or less (Compliant with Executive Order)
- Operating Environment
- Temperature: 59°-86° F (15°-30° C)
Relative Humidity: 10-80% (No Condensation)
- User-replaceable items
- Print Head: PF-04
Maintenance Cartridge: MC-10
Ink Tanks: PFI-007 (90ml: C, M, Y, BK, MBK, MBK)
- Software Included
- Canon Printer Driver3, Printer Driver Extra Kit (Free Layout, Colour imageRUNNER Enlargement Copy, Advanced Preview), Direct Print & Share, PosterArtist Lite (PC Only), Print Plug-in for Microsoft® Word/Excel/PowerPoint (PC only), Status Monitor, Media Configuration Tool, Optimized Module for AutoCAD
Canon Genuine Inks
Canon genuine inks are developed to optimize the performance of the imagePROGRAF lineup. Expertly engineered, they provide top performance, reliability, and optimum output. Lucia EX and Lucia pigment inks were designed to produce images with accurate colour reproduction, smooth gradations, and sharp details. Reactive inks have been formulated to print highly accurate and detailed AEC/CAD/GIS documents, enabling colour output with clear fine lines and details, and increased print durability.
Large Format Media
Canon media is designed to showcase the precision, quality, and consistency of the imagePROGRAF large format printer lineup. Whether it’s high-quality gallery-ready artwork or everyday printing, Canon offers over 50 types of media to choose from to fit your quality, productivity, and budget requirements.
Drivers & Downloads
Find and download the latest drivers and software for your imagePROGRAF large format printer.Learn More
Have a question about an imagePROGRAF large format printer? Quick and accurate answers are here at your fingertips. Our team of service and support professionals helps you get the most out of your Canon products by offering support whenever you need it.Get Support
Canon and imagePROGRAF are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in Canada and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. All other referenced product names and marks are trademarks of their respective owners. Prices, specifications, and availability are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary. All printout images and effects are simulated.
A. For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
B.The maximum printable length varies depending on the application, OS, and RIP used. * As of April 3, 2017, Actual prices are set by dealers and may vary.
1. A1 coated paper: standard mode.
2. Your server must be compatible with a webDAV enabled cloud account, including but not limited to, Google, Carbonite or Rackspace, to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof is based on the third-party cloud provider’s current offering, at its sole discretion. Your cloud account is subject to the third-party cloud provider’s terms and conditions. Neither Canon Inc. nor Canon Canada Inc. represents or warrants any third party product, service or feature referenced hereunder.
3. For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. The Windows 64-bit driver comes standard with the printer. All other drivers must be downloaded from www.canon.ca. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
4. Available for download from www.canon.ca.
5. For AutoCAD 2008 ~ 2016 (32-bit/64-bit) or AutoCAD LT 2008 ~ 2016 (32-bit)/2009 ~ 2016 (64-bit).
Canon Canada Inc. 8000 Mississauga Road, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5Z7 1-905-863-8000