The Next Standard of Engineering.
The 36-inch imagePROGRAF TX-3000 large-format printer features a new print head, 5-colour TD pigment ink set, optional multi-function roll unit, and advanced security features.
- Key Features
- All Features
- Ink & Media
- Drivers & Support
Number of Inks
LUCIA TD Pigment Ink
160ml / 330ml / 700ml
Media Roll Feed
TD Pigment Ink Set
The TX-3000 features an all-new 5-colour TD pigment ink set. This ink was formulated to produce fine lines and sharp text on both inkjet and non-inkjet paper. Combine this pigment ink with water resistant media and you have a printed drawing that can withstand the outdoor conditions of a construction site.
Multifunction Roll System
The optional Multifunction Roll System is a versatile media handling solution system that enables either a second roll of media to be loaded on the printer, or the unit can be configured as a bi-directional media Take-up unit.
Dual-Roll Feeding: The dual-roll feeding mechanism enables users to load a second roll of media allowing for up to 3,900 sq. ft. of continuous uninterrupted printing.
Bi-Directional Rewinding: The Multifunction Roll System may also be configured by the operator as a take-up unit to rewind longer printouts. The user can choose to rewind media with the printed surface on the outside or the inside of the roll, thereby supporting "bi-directional rewinding".
The TX Series large-format printers come equipped with essential security features designed to help prevent leaks of confidential information:
• Encrypted Hard Drive
• iPSec Support
• 802.1x Authentication
High Capacity Ink Tanks
Available in 160ml, 330ml, and 700ml ink tanks, you have the ability to purchase a combination of ink sizes based on your printing volume.
Sub-Ink Tank System
The Sub-Ink Tank System allows all of the available ink in a tank to be used before having to replace it, helping eliminate any wasted ink. The empty tanks can also be replaced on-the-fly without stopping the printer. This is extremely useful during your long print jobs.
PF-06 Print Head
The newly designed PF-06 is a 1.07-inch, 6-channel print head with 15,360 nozzles. Combined with the TX-3000's high speed carriage transfer and ink ejection, this print head allows for ink to be layed down quickly and precisely.
Automatic Media Loading
Media is now loaded automatically in the new TX Series printers. Once a roll of media is placed on the roll holder, the printer will detect a roll has been loaded and begins to feed and adjust the media into optimal printing position.
The new TX Stacker can stack up to 100 sheets of ARCH C, ARCH D, or ARCH E/E1 page sizes for increased productivity.
Canon offers a suite of free software available with all the TX Series printers:
Universal Print Driver - Only one print driver is required to manage the TX-3000 and TX-4000 - saving valuable time and effort when installing new printers
Direct Print & Share1 - Canon's cloud portal file-sharing solution
Accounting Manager - Tracks ink and media usage and costs per print job
PosterArtist Lite - Create professional posters in 4 easy steps using Canon's poster creation software
Optimized Module for AutoCAD - Print directly from compatible AutoCAD software products
Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office - easily print large-format documents created in Microsoft® Word®, Excel®, or PowerPoint.
Quick Utility Toolbox - Portal to where all of the Canon printer software and tools can be accessed.
Device Management Console - Monitor the status of up to 50 TX Series printers!
Media Configuration Tool - Manage, update and arrange media information in the operation panel and printer driver.
- Print Head
- FINE (Photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering)
- Print Resolution (Max.)
- 2400 x 1200 dpi
- Line Accuracy*
- ±0.1% or Less
- Minimum Line Weight**
- 0.02 mm
- Number of Nozzles
- Matte Black: 5,120 Nozzles
Other Colours: 2,560 Nozzles per Colour
- Droplet Size
- 5 Picoliter
- Nozzle Pitch (Head Resolution)
- 1200 dpi x Two Rows
- Print Head Swath
- 1.07 inch
- Ink Type
- Pigment: Matte Black (MBK), Cyan (C), Magenta (M),
Yellow (Y), Black (BK)
- Ink Tank
- Shipped with Printer: PFI-310 (330 ml) MBK;
PFI-110 (160 ml) BK, C, M, Y
Replacement: PFI-110 (160 ml), PFI-310 (330 ml),
or PFI-710 (700 ml)
- Ink Supply Method
- Tubing System with Sub-tanks for Continuous Ink Supply
- Nozzle Recovery System
- Non-firing Nozzle Detection and Compensation
- Printer Controller
- L-COA PRO
- Printer RAM
- 128 GB (Virtual), 2 GB (Physical)
- Hard Drive
- 500 GB
- Mailboxes (User Job Storage)
- One Common Inbox; 29 User Inboxes
- Media Feed
- Roll Feed: One Roll, Front-loading, Front Output
- Media Width
- Roll Feed: 8"-36"(203.2mm –914.4mm)
Cut Sheet: 8"-36"(203.2 mm –914.4mm)
- Printable Margins
- Roll Feed: All Sides: 0.12" (3mm) or 0" for Borderless
- Maximum Print Length (Single Page)†
- Roll Feed: 59' (18 m)
Cut Sheet: 63" (1.6 m)
- Borderless Printing Widths (Roll Media Only)
- 8", 10", 12", 14", 16", 17", 20", 24", 30", 36",
B4 (10.12"/257 mm), A3 (11.69"/297 mm),
A3+ (12.95"/329 mm), A2 (16.54"/420 mm),
B2 (20.28"/515 mm), A1 (23.39"/ 594 mm),
B1 (28.66"/ 728 mm), A0 (33.11"/841 mm)
- Media Cutter
- Durable Dual-Blade Rotary Cutter
- Media Thickness
- 0.07 – 0.8 mm
- Media Core Sizes
- 2" and 3" Core Adapters Included
- Maximum Roll Outer Diameter
- 6.7" (170 mm)
- Media Output
- TX Stacker (Standard)
- Printing Software Utilities
- Accounting Manager, Apple AirPrint,†† Canon Print
Service, Device Management Console, Direct Print
& Share, Free Layout Tool, imagePROGRAF Printer
Driver for Windows®/Mac®, Media Configuration Tool,
PosterArtist Lite for Windows, Printer Driver Extra Kit
for Windows/Mac (Free Print Utility Layout, Advanced
Preview), Optimized Driver for AutoCAD, Print Plug-in
for Microsoft® Word/Excel/PowerPoint® for Windows,
Quick Utility Toolbox
- Operating System
- Windows 7 (32/64 bit), Windows 8.1 (32/64 bit),
Windows 10 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2008 R2,
(32/64 bit), Windows Server 2012 (64 bit), Windows
Server 2012 R2 (64 bit), Windows Server 2016 (64 bit),
Macintosh OS X v10.10.5-v10.12x
- Print Language
- Printer: SGRaster, HP-GL/2, HP RTL, PDF, JPEG
- Standard (Built-in): USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, 10/100/
1000Base-T/TX, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g /n)■
Direct USB Thumb Drive Printing
- Acoustic Noise
- Operation: 51 dB (A) or Less
Standby: 35 dB (A) or Less
Acoustic Power: 6.9Bels or Less
- Power Supply
- AC 100–240V (50-60 Hz)
- Power Consumption
- Maximum: 105 W or Less
Standby: 3.6 W or Less
Power Off: 0.3 W or Less (Executive Order Compliant)
- Electrical Safety Regulations
C TUVus (U.S.A.), C TUVus (Canada)
Electromagnetic Interface Regulations
FCC Part 15B (U.S.A.), IC (Canada)
FCC Part 15C (U.S.A.), IC (Canada)
ENERGY STAR® (Worldwide)
- Operational Environment
- Temperature: 59° – 86° F (15° – 30° C)
Relative Humidity: 10 – 80% (No Condensation)
- Printer Dimensions (H x W x D) and Weight
- (With Stacker Opened)
46.0" x 54.7" x 46.8" Approx. 257 lb.
- Package Dimensions (H x W x D) and Weight
- With Stand and Pallet
41.8" x 63.2" x 35.6" Approx. 337 lb.
11.5" x 49.2" x 35.7" Approx. 53 lb.
18.1" x 60.0" x 22.1" Approx. 57 lb.
- • Multifunction Roll System (RU-32)
• 2"/3" Roll Holder Set (RH2-34)
• Ink Tank (PFI-110/PFI-310/PFI-710)
• Print Head (PF-06)
• Maintenance Cartridge (MC-30)
• Cutter Blade (CT-07)
- What’s In The Box
- Printer, TX Stacker, Stand, 2”/3” Core Media Spool
(Adapters Included), Power Cord, Tools and Screws,
Print Head, Maintenance Cartridge (Installed),
5 Ink Tanks (330 ml: MBK, 160 ml: BK/C/M/Y),
Sample Heavyweight Coated Paper (A2/5 Sheets),
Ethernet Card (built-in), USB 2.0 High-speed Interface,
USB Connection Sheet, iWR Service Terms Leaflet,
User Manual, Quick Setup Guide, User Software CD
for Windows (Printer Driver Utilities),
PosterArtist Lite CD, User Registration Card
Canon Genuine Inks
Canon genuine inks are developed to optimize the performance of the imagePROGRAF lineup. Expertly engineered, they provide top performance, reliability, and optimum output. Lucia EX and Lucia pigment inks were designed to produce images with accurate colour reproduction, smooth gradations, and sharp details. Reactive inks have been formulated to print highly accurate and detailed AEC/CAD/GIS documents, enabling colour output with clear fine lines and details, and increased print durability.
Large Format Media
Canon media is designed to showcase the precision, quality, and consistency of the imagePROGRAF large format printer lineup. Whether it’s high-quality gallery-ready artwork or everyday printing, Canon offers over 50 types of media to choose from to fit your quality, productivity, and budget requirements.
Drivers & Downloads
Find and download the latest drivers and software for your imagePROGRAF large format printer.Learn More
Have a question about an imagePROGRAF large format printer? Quick and accurate answers are here at your fingertips. Our team of service and support professionals helps you get the most out of your Canon products by offering support whenever you need it.Get Support
- The 700ml ink tank is only available for service authorized dealers
- Plain Paper, Fast (Q5) mode
- Canon products offer certain security features, yet many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that use of its features will prevent security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal or regulatory advice concerning applicable laws; customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Some security features may impact functionality/performance; you may want to test these settings in your environment.
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or 802.11n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- For imagePROGRAF Printer Driver. For printing from PostScript applications such as Adobe Illustrator or QuarkXpress, please use a PostScript compatible RIP package. For a list of Canon recommended RIP packages, please consult with Canon Alliance and Industry Market list of RIP vendors.
- Your server must be compatible with a webDAV enabled cloud account, including but not limited to, Google, Carbonite or Rackspace, to take advantage of the cloud functionality. Storage capacity and any pricing thereof are based on the third-party cloud provider’s current offering, at its sole discretion. Your cloud account is subject to the third-party cloud provider’s terms and conditions.
- Support estimated to be Q4 2018 by updating firmware. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported
Canon, CanoScan and imagePROGRAF are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in Canada and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Apple, AirPrint, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac and Time Capsule are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in Canada and other countries. Microsoft, Office, Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada and/or other countries. Autodesk, the Autodesk logo and AutoCAD are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in Canada and/or other countries. All referenced product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Specifications and availability dates are subject to change without notice. Not responsible for typographical errors. Neither Canon Inc. nor Canon Canada, Inc. represents or warrants any third party product, service or feature referenced hereunder.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
Canon Canada Inc. 8000 Mississauga Road, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5Z7 1-905-863-8000